Monday, July 13, 2015

Giving Second Life a Second Chance

Second Life has been around for a while but, while it may be old, it has stood the test of time and has seen countless improvements.

Second Life logo.svg

I attempted to use Second Life nearly a decade ago and never really gave it a fair shake.  Being more interested in the visceral aspects of digital environments, Second Life quickly frustrated and bored me.  Now, as an older and wiser chica, I'm giving it another try.

I think one distinction I've made since my first attempt is recognizing it for what it is.  I knew during my first attempt that it was not a "game" but users can certainly create games within it, and I simply didn't have the patience to hunt those down, nor did I value it for what it was.

So far, so good.  Hopefully, my CIS professor didn't just introduce me to something that will suck me in for the rest of the term.  If so, all of my future late work is his fault.

I will update this with a follow-up in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment